More than 50 million Americans suffer from joint discomfort and that number seems to increases daily. So with all the thousands of glucosamine and chondroitin supplements sold in stores, why do we still have so many people suffering?
There are actually multiple reasons why these supplements may not be working for you.
- Glucosamine must build up in the body before being beneficial and in most cases can take upwards of 60+ days till results can be measured.
- Most glucosamine is sourced from shellfish, a common allergen. Along with its allergic properties, the absorption rate is relatively low so your utilization is decreased.
- Chondroitin is made up of large structured molecules that can make it difficult to absorb and digest causing some to have gastro-intestinal discomfort.
Maybe you are one of the individuals who couldn’t wait 60+ days to experience relief so you grab the NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) off the shelf. NSAIDs work by relieving pain, inflammation and swelling by blocking specific enzymes and proteins made by the body but they come with some pretty hefty warnings and side effects. They especially should not be taken for gout as it can raise the uric acid levels in the blood (more on gout later in this article). Taking NSAIDs on a continual basis will only block or mask your symptoms for the time being and never truly address the main cause of the pain and inflammation.
The following statement has been copied from the warning label of typical NSAIDs:
Do not use a nonprescription NSAID for longer than 10 days without talking to your doctor.
NSAIDs are strong medicines. The actions they take in your body to help one condition can cause problems in other ways. For example, NSAIDs block chemicals called prostaglandins, which cause inflammation. So blocking prostaglandins decreases inflammation in the body. But prostaglandins also protect the lining of the stomach, so blocking prostaglandins can cause stomach irritation.
We want to provide you with a safe, natural alternative that gets to the root of the issue!
When joint tissues break down as a result of physical activity or injury, the cartilage will begin to break down faster than it can be rebuilt which results in inflammation, pain, swelling, and ultimately in joint problems such as osteoarthritis. The inflammation associated with tissue degradation causes pain and swelling, and may actually speed up the breakdown process. Providing the nutrients needed to build cartilage and minimize inflammation can be beneficial in combating this ailment that so many individuals face on a daily basis.
Behold the egg or better yet, the eggshell membrane- the newest breakthrough for the treatment of joint pain! NEM® is a new ingredient derived from natural egg shell membrane. It is a natural source of chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, collagen, and other glycosaminoglycans essential for healthy joints. This patented ingredient has been clinically proven to provide results in just 7-10 days. Clinical trials have shown some amazing results in relief from joint pain but also stiffness and increased mobility.
We want to provide you with a safe, natural alternative that gets to the root of the issue.
As with all of the products in our line, we didn’t just stop with one exceptionally powerful ingredient and call it a day!
With every product we formulate, enzymes are always at the forefront and it’s no exception when it comes to the relief of joint pain and inflammation. NEM is an amazing ingredient and one that we are so proud to introduce to the market but we have taken it even further by harnessing the power of boswellia, proteolytic enzymes and specific antioxidants. All of that combined makes up our one of kind Joint Health product!
Here is a brief overview of our proprietary blends:
Proprietary Enzyme Blend
- Bromelain is a special combination of protease enzymes derived from pineapples. In addition to general protease effects, bromelain has been shown to modulate the chemical messengers of the immune system (cytokines and prostaglandins). By modulating the activity of these specific messengers, bromelain is able to provide a wide range of benefits for joint health, and potentially improve recovery from exercise.
- Protease 4.5 and 6.0 are protease enzymes that break down large protein molecules into smaller proteins and amino acids. As a natural part of healing, proteins can build up in an area of injury. Protease enzymes help break up waste protein, thereby supporting the body’s natural process to more efficiently rebuild and support healthy muscles and joints. Protease 4.5 and 6.0 each work within different pH ranges. By combining these enzymes into the proprietary blend, Core Health Product’s Joint Health formula is able to provide a broad spectrum of enzyme activity and maximize the benefits of protease enzymes.
Proprietary Antioxidant and Herbal Blend
- Acerola Cherry is an excellent natural source of vitamin C, a critical nutrient for joint health. The body cannot build or repair joint tissue without adequate amounts of vitamin C. Joint Health contains 200% DV of Vitamin C from acerola cherry to provide a truly balanced joint health formulation with all the necessary building blocks for healthy joints.
- Boswellia, a close relative of frankincense (B. sacra), has been used for many thousands of years as an astringent and anti-inflammatory. Modern researchers have found that boswellia’s beneficial properties come both from its antioxidant capabilities and its unique ability to inhibit the production of leukotrienes (chemical messengers of the immune system) associated with inflammation. Numerous double-blind placebo-controlled clinical studies have shown its potential benefits for joint health.
- Grape Seed Extract, is one of the most powerful natural sources of proanthocyanidins, which help protect tissues from free radicals produced in conditions of inflammation. The grape seed extract used in Joint Health utilizes a patented, environmentally friendly water-based extraction process. This process is able to recover more of the potent OPCs from grape seed than other extraction methods, and maintains the natural integrity and potency of proanthocyanidin antioxidants.
- Quercetin is a bioflavanoid found naturally in the skin of apples, red onions, citrus fruits, and red grapes. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties play a key role in the maintenance and heath of collagen, a key component of cartilage and joint tissues.
- Resveratrol is best known for its anti-aging properties, but it is a powerful non-flavanoid antioxidant found naturally in grapes and other plants, and has been researched for its various potential health benefits. It is thought to work by modulating the enzymes and signaling pathways involved in the body’s inflammation and aging processes.
- SOD Precursor System: SOD, or SuperOxide Dismutase, is a powerful antioxidant enzyme produced by the body and fights inflammation and supports recovery. Unfortunately, SOD production and activity decreases with age and is often low in individuals with certain health conditions. Joint Health’s SOD Precursor System provides the nutrient building blocks needed to support the body’s ability to produce SOD.
Not only is our superior product excellent for joint health but it’s also equipped to aid after an injury, strenuous physical activity, and those inflammation related illnesses (all those ending in “itis” like arthritis). As mentioned earlier, the proteolytic enzymes break down or digest the dead protein that has accumulated and by that process, inflammation and swelling is reduced. Proteolytic enzymes also naturally separate the red blood cells supplying more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body. Key thing to remember is- NSAIDs block the enzymes and proteins our bodies produce.
Reducing inflammation by enzymes is a key element in the treatment of gout. Gout is the result of high uric acid levels in the body which causes crystal to form in the joint. As those crystals accumulate, joint inflammation or arthritis begins to plague that area which can also become a precursor to kidney stones. What causes high uric acid levels you may wonder? Well, one of the main causes is the inability to digest protein rich purine foods. Our American diet relies heavily on processed meat products which have nitrogen containing substances. A by-product of the metabolism from those purine foods is uric acid. When the body becomes overloaded, uric acid will increase and begin to accumulate. Individuals who have high blood pressure which we know is caused by the lack of the protein digesting enzyme increases their risks of having gout at one point or another. Proper protein digestion is key to avoiding any gout issues but if you are already plagued with this illness, incorporating our Joint Health product will provide a much needed relief.
“Joint Health is the best natural anti-inflammatory and joint support product we have ever used. This product simply works!”
says Brett Fischer, “Trainer to the Pro’s” and Owner of Fischer Sports Therapy and Conditioning Clinic
From our Professional athletes to the everyday weekend warrior, Joint Health provides all the necessary tools to maintain healthy joints, promote faster recovery from strenuous activity, and optimize the body’s renewal processes. Joint Health also includes M.E.D.S.™, a proprietary micronutrient blend formulated to deliver maximum results.
Tips on how to take it properly:
- Always consume Joint Health on an empty stomach so it can address the dead protein and inflammation first- not the protein you consume in a meal.
- Recommended dosage is 2 capsules daily for maintenance but you can increase depending on your pain level or issue.
- Take immediately following a strenuous workout to prevent sore muscles or joints.
- Reach for Joint Health the next time you feel a headache coming on!
Remember, your body deserves the best nutrition possible and that is precisely what we deliver in our Joint Health product!